There are so many changes to your body when you’re pregnant; hormones do crazy things to your body, skin, nails and your hair!
Post-partem hair loss is common as hormones in your body cause changes to the hair growth cycle with the hair follicles all activated at the same time. Thankfully for most pregnant women, hair is thick and luscious during pregnancy. After baby is born however, hormones prove the enemy, hitting you up just when you don’t have the time to take extra care of yourself, let alone your locks.
According to Lauren Mackellin from prestige hair salon Vision Blonde, although hair loss is common and unavoidable after pregnancy, there are a few things you can do to combat the fall-out.
A few tips from Lauren include –
1. Use a Protein based shampoo and conditioner such as Rital Salvation.
2. Use a treatment such as Olaplex at least once a week.
3. Do not use bleach if you can avoid it – the less chemicals you use on your hair during this time, the better! Opt for a temporary look like balayage.
4. Ensure your diet includes lots of vegetables and iron.
5. Look into taking vitamins and supplements for Hair/Skin/Nails to support your diet.
6. Brush your hair regularly to measure hair loss (most people lose hair after breast-feeding).
7. Hair breakage around hairline and underneath are from hormonal changes, so use less or no heat on these areas to keep hair strong as possible in these problematic places.
8. Trade-in your traditional elastic bands for material scrunchies to avoid breakage.
9. Use a lower heat setting on your hair dryer.
10. Invest in a wide tooth comb as an alternative to a hair brush.
Baby, its cold outside. Freaking cold. And inside. It’s cold inside, too. In fact, it feels below zero everywhere you go right about now, for that matter.
Time then for a few new on-trend winter wardrobe finds, and we’ve found the perfect store with everything you need just a click away.
We’ve cherry-picked a few adorable numbers from www.Marshmellow.com.au, a hub for all things stylish in clothing, shoes, jewellery, home-ware and even a few handbags to twirl Sex in the City style as you swish down the street.
And we’ve got a voucher for RRP$100 to win. To be in the running, tell us what item you love the most on the Marshmellow site and why!
Is it just me that loathes having to leave my favourite, trusty shampoo and conditioner in my shower when I pack my bag for the long-haul?
It’s bad enough I live with the fear of impending destination climate frizz fall-out, that I further have to worry about using the itty bitty token complimentary combined shampoo slash condition all-in-one (albeit it is free and I may just take it home for the kids, but I digress). Like, really, shampoo and conditioner at the same time? Is that even possible?
We can all rest easy in my find this week of travel sized Klorane shampoos and conditioners in all the best flavours, each one more than happy to accommodate both your hair and travel needs.
And when I say flavours, I mean these hair care saviors are good enough to eat, coming in scents such as Mango for dry locks, Pomegranate to preserve and lock-in colour and the staple, original and best, tried-and-tested Flax Fibre original for fine, fly-away hair. Fly away, see what I did there?
We have three packs of these mini gems to give away, RRP $7.95 each (total of each pack, $15.90). To win, pray-tell us here your hair sob story. You can even post an image of a bad hair day for extra points.
You can see more about Klorane here – klorane.com.au
Or find your nearest stockist here to pick up your own handy packs here – klorane.com.au/find-us